You will learn how to navigate difficult times and survive turmoil by creating strong personal foundations, drawing upon core values and fine-tuning your instincts to unlock solutions. More specifically, we will help you to navigate the uncertainty surrounding Covid-19 and the unrest caused by recent global, political and racial protests. We will also introduce the CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy) model – an indispensable tool to help you understand and manage how situations can trigger thoughts and emotions, which then determine behaviours.
In this module, we will expand on the CBT model and introduce a selection of mindfulness tools and techniques. These will help you to manage your thoughts and recognise negative self-talk. Using specific roles that play out in your mind, we will use the tools to demonstrate how these roles steer thoughts, feelings and determine your response and behaviours. You will learn how to become aware of this process without judging it, practice how to stay present and ultimately, make a choice about the thoughts you wish to engage with.
Acknowledging an emotion is the first step towards achieving emotional resiliency. Once accepted, emotions can be managed. In module 3, you will learn how to create emotional intelligence to deal with the fear, anxiety and stress that you may be experiencing due to the Coronavirus or global unrest. You will understand how the brain functions from a neuroscientist’s perspective, and you will realise that emotions do not define who we are. They are simply electrical triggers felt in the body.
In the final part of the course, you will acquire the skills to be able to understand and interpret the Cognitive Behavioural Therapy model to adapt your behaviours. Together we will explore neuroplasticity and the role it plays in re-wiring the neural pathways in the brain, literally changing how you react and respond to certain situations. You will complete the course understanding how to manage your emotions and how to thrive despite Covid-19, challenge, unrest and uncertainty.
What we doAt Wellness for Life, we instill a culture of well-being within the workplace, by first coaching mentors, leaders and managers. When beliefs are filtered from leaders and senior managers to their teams, they can cultivate trust and strengthen the connection between them. Sustainable transformation can then occur within an organisation’s culture. We believe that all businesses begin with their people. The healthier the staff, the better placed the business is to thrive and succeed. Investing in an employee’s mental, emotional, social and physical health contributes towards a well-balanced workforce. Furthermore, recognising the connection between the mind and body helps to understand how feelings, thoughts, beliefs and attitudes can positively or negatively impact biological functioning. The ability to manage the mind and emotions nourishes and supports a healthy body, which in turn can empower employers and employees to live a happy life, at work and home.
How we do itAn initial in-depth audit and assessment provide us with a clear understanding of an individual business’s unique requirements. From here, we can chart a plan to address specific needs and deliverables. Wellness for Life’s health and well-being programmes are comprehensive in scope and can include a combination of, or all of the following:
- Physical stress release classes, meditations and visualisations
- Nutrition and sleep coaching
- Self-care techniques
- Communication strategies for an empathetic and empowering manner
- Introduction of kindness, gratitude and vulnerability into work ethics
How you benefitFeeling well is good but feeling on top of the world is preferable. Thankfully, with the help of our programmes, it’s also realistic and achievable. Our coaching is proven to help employees and employers:
- Improve mental health, physical posture and emotional resilience at work
- Optimise performance by developing an awareness of work-life balance
- Reduce absenteeism – fewer sick days equals increased productivity
- Increase presenteeism – allowing maximum focus on and engagement with the task at hand
- Manage anxiety through consistent and transparent communication
- Develop a healthy attitude towards stress, preventing exhaustion and burnout
What we doAcademic education can be stressful for many reasons - exam stress, peer pressure and physical, hormonal and general life changes to name but a few. Wellness for Life’s Health and Well-being programmes for education support and enhance learning by equipping students with the necessary life skills to cope during challenging and transitional times in their academic lives. Our 360-degree approach to well-being focuses on the connection between social and emotional health and physical and mental health. We believe that learning to eat healthily and re-energise by improving sleep quality provides the brain and body with maximum energy. Developing a healthy relationship and attitude towards stress and learning how to harness it, can optimise academic performance. Understanding how to practice self-care, set healthy boundaries and be kind towards oneself and others, are just some of the skills we share throughout our coaching.
How we do itOur experienced coaches are trained to design and deliver physical stress release programmes and exercises that strengthen neural pathways in the brain. Our training is based on the principles of Positive Psychology, Neuroscience, Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction and Cognitive Behavioural Therapy. We break these down into digestible and practical strategies, that can help both students and teachers to create optimum health.
How you benefitAdopting an integrated approach to wellness is integral to the development of well-rounded students and teachers. Our coaching helps to:
- Nurture psychological and emotional well-being within education
- Manage anxiety and depression
- Develop the ability to cope with academic pressures
- Create joy in learning and transform failure into success
- Cultivate optimum mental and physical health and postural alignment
- Improve social relationships with peers and family
- Build self-esteem, confidence and develop a healthy self-image
What we doPhysical strength is just one aspect of any sportsperson’s game. The ability to draw upon mental reserves while remaining emotionally stable is a key philosophy we teach here at Wellness for Life. We ensure that the mind, body emotions connection is nurtured to optimise performance, strengthen resilience and increase flexibility. We also impart vital knowledge to manage negative thoughts – a strategy proven to impact physical behaviour and decision making positively. Our coaching for sports includes breath work that connects the mind and body, optimising physical and mental endurance. We also incorporate other breathing techniques help to regulate emotional reactions and balance the nervous system when performing under pressure. When we learn how to master the breath, we learn how to be in control of our lives. Self-care and values such as compassion, kindness and gratitude also feature prominently in our coaching programmes. We emphasise the importance of rest, recovery and sleep and educate on the importance of cultivating healthy relationships with oneself to help to reach full potential.
How we do itWe design bespoke health and well-being programmes to support peak performance training and physical conditioning. Our breath and bodywork help to manage stress and create optimum physical health while our research-backed exercises for the mind help to improve mental clarity and focus.
How you benefitSometimes it is the most straightforward tools and techniques that can make the most significant difference to an athlete or sportsperson’s game. When given the know-how and the right tools, we can help you:
- Manage fatigue and physical stress to prevent exhaustion and burnout
- Improve performance, lung capacity and cardiovascular functioning
- Reduce stress and anxiety and calm nerves
- Improve mental, physical and emotional balance and postural alignment
- Increase focus, mental clarity and resiliency to deal with setbacks
- Strengthen the body and mind to avoid injuries
Continuous Assessments and Programmes
- Tailor-made, delivered on-site or remotely with a feedback loop for measurement and evaluation
- Designed to develop resiliency and flexibility by stretching and strengthening the body
- Essential dietary and well-being advice to assist with the optimisation of the body’s fuel and mental capacity. We provide the data and options to help you make informed and balanced choices
- Insight and knowledge to help you understand the importance of rest and recovery for increased output and energy levels
What we doOur well-recognised work with schools led us to a critical discovery: there is a potential gap between the corporate world and the next generation entering the workforce. Closely aligned to the Millennials, we’ve coined a term for this successive cohort – the Mindful Generation. We work in tandem with companies and schools to bridge this gap. Our mindfulness programmes support the psychological well-being and enhance the emotional intelligence of both employees and employers. We help to cultivate a workforce that is acutely self-aware and able to remain focused and absorbed in the present moment despite chaotic situations and distracting, external circumstances. We maintain a culture of mindfulness in the workplace through our mentorship programmes, for leaders, designed to implement and sustain positive behavioural change within any business.
How we do itOur mindfulness programmes are founded on Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR, a concept pioneered by the University of Massachusetts’ Medical Centre). Practising mindfulness regularly and making it a behavioural habit, helps us to slow down and observe what is occurring around us. Through this process, we can learn to de-clutter our minds, differentiate thoughts from facts, emotions from who we are and reality from perception. Implementing mindfulness into our daily work practice can help us to create a healthy and joyous working environment.
How you benefitHelping businesses and their workforces to grow and develop is at the heart of everything we do. We help you to thrive and advance by:
- Developing the skills to quickly and effectively adapt to change and unpredictable situations
- Increasing empathy within the workplace and improving employee/employer relations
- Optimising employee engagement and productivity through focused attention
- Limiting external distractions to enhance problem-solving
- Training you to think creatively, divergently and innovatively
- Guiding you to cultivate emotional awareness to aid objective decision making
What we doWe create “Mindful Generations” through our expertly designed programmes for both students and teachers. By teaching students how to stay present, they are better equipped to deal with the more stressful times in academic life. Cultivating an awareness of the mind, body, and emotional connection helps them to develop a healthy relationship with themselves, their peers and teachers. Adolescence can be challenging, so learning how to recognise negative self-talk, nurturing a growth mindset and practising self-care can help prepare for transition and unexpected challenges. Our mindfulness programmes are also designed to assist teachers with their own personal growth and development as well as that of their students. Training teachers and staff members ensures that a culture of mindfulness can be instilled throughout the school or educational establishment. This approach encourages sustainable, positive behavioural change throughout the education system.
How we do itMindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR, University of Massachusetts’ Medical Centre) underpins most of our training programmes, which can be tailored to support various curriculums. Our coaches are also trained to teach the Mindfulness in School’s Project (MiSP) curriculums - .b (“dot be”) for ages 11- 18, the paws b (pause and be) for ages 7 – 11 and the .breath (dot breathe) for ages 9 – 14. These comprehensive programmes are created by teachers, mindfulness practitioners and neuroscientists and offer life-time access to course materials, available in multiple languages. This fundamental learning of mindfulness gives every student a psychological and emotional awareness that can offer genuine and lifelong benefit.
How you benefitOur work with schools is well-recognised and has positively touched the lives of many students and teaching staff worldwide. Our mission is to cultivate a mindful generation and to set a perpetual motion by helping you to:
- Reduce stress, anxiety, and depression and prevent burnout
- Improve focus, attention and cognitive function
- Manage peer pressure and social issues such as bullying
- Enhance self-awareness, self-acceptance and self-regulation
- Nurture mental, emotional and social growth, resilience and well-being
- Foster healthy and empowering relationships through empathy
What we doKnowing how to make an intuitive decision under pressure is just one of many attributes necessary to excel in competition. Our programmes share tools and techniques to increase mental agility and emotional awareness. A momentary lapse of concentration and the temporary overwhelm of emotions can inhibit the ability to stay present, leading to costly mistakes and even ‘failure’. Our Mindfulness programmes help sportspeople and athletes to remain calm, absorbed in the game and maintain unwavering focus, despite distracting thoughts, behaviours or unfavourable outcomes. Mindfulness practices can help to build endurance and resilience, even outside of the game when dealing with pain, injuries and recovery. This is just one of the reasons why mindfulness coaching has become popular with leading athletes such as Michael Jordan, Lebron James and Novak Djokovic. – all world-class sportsmen in their respective fields.
How we do itOur teachers are trained to deliver the 8-week Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction Programme (MBSR, designed at the prestigious University of Massachusetts’ Medical Centre). Depending on specific requirements, we also create bespoke Mindfulness programmes that can be delivered to athletes and sportspeople, as well as their coaches and trainers. By training the coaches in mindfulness, they can prevent burnout and better manage stress and anxiety for themselves, as well as for those that they coach.
How you benefitBased on our measurement and evaluation process, mindfulness in sports can improve performance demonstrably. Our programmes can create a competitive edge, unlike no other and help sports people like you to:
- Reduce the stress hormone cortisol to manage nerves and anxiety
- Increase the ability to remain “in the zone” despite external stimuli
- Improve physical, mental and emotional resiliency
- Create self-awareness and boost confidence
- Become more instinctive and make better choices
- Adapt and change to situations in the heat of the moment
8-week Training Programme
- Delivered on-site or remotely through Webinars inclusive of all course materials
- Access to Mindfulness Tools: Meditations / Breathing Techniques and Body Scans
Physical Stress Release
- 4 x 1-hour Physical Stress Release classes designed and delivered by certified experts
Measured Progress Report
- 2 personal assessments: at the beginning and end of the 8-week programme.
What we doWe help companies and organisations respond to adversity with speed, agility and flexibility. Our tailor-made resilience training allows businesses to be pro-active so that they can grow and thrive despite unpredictability. By supporting employees, managers and leaders to develop physical, mental and emotional resiliency, they can respond more effectively during times of challenge and change. It is in such times that stress and anxiety can impede employee productivity and engagement. Furthermore, demotivation and lack of morale can lead to depression, detrimentally impacting mental health. Our unique resilience programmes help to create a healthy, happy working environment where employees feel supported and valued by their employers.
How we do itUnderstanding the mind from a neuroscientific perspective and utilising Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), offers invaluable insight into how our actions and responses can be limited during times of crisis. Certain situations trigger attitudes, thought processes and emotions, which in turn impact our behaviours, reactions and responses. We will provide you with the tools, techniques and learning to skillfully manage this process. This, combined with in-depth professional goal setting techniques, will improve your ability to respond to situations in a balanced rather than impulsive manner.
How you benefitWe are passionate about supporting businesses to optimise business growth and the development of their employees. Our resilience training helps companies to:
- Cultivate professional relationships based on mutual trust and respect
- Improve communication between management and their teams
- Respond to crisis in an effective and timely manner
- Reduce staff turnover and absenteeism
- Create a sense of purpose and joy at work
- Promote a culture of well-being and self-regulation
What we doWe support academic learning and help both students and teachers to establish a core foundation based on psychological health and emotional and social well-being. We believe that these fundamentals provide the ability to face adversity with strength and confidence. Through our training, students can develop a strong sense of identity, helping them to navigate life during its more stressful or transitional times, or simply to cope with the challenges of adolescence and adulthood. We give them the tools that enable them to establish a healthy connection to themselves and the world around them. Teachers are routinely faced with challenges, which not only impacts their own well-being but in turn, that of their students and colleagues. We give them the tools and techniques for effective self-management, which can be passed on to their students and those around them.
How we do itOur courses are all tailor-made to fit individual needs and are rooted in Positive Psychology and Cognitive Behavioural Therapy. We emphasise the inextricable connection between the mind, body, emotions and behaviours, which ultimately shapes our life experiences. Taking this principle, we design fun and dynamic programmes where students and teachers are able to put into practice the resiliency building tools we share with them. Goal setting is also a critical part of our training. It helps us stay focused despite setbacks and provides a guiding framework to monitor and track progress.
How you benefitThe profound impact that our resilience training has had on both teachers and students speaks volumes about our course content. We are delighted to have imparted the skills and knowledge to help clients:
- Develop an understanding of self and core values
- Set healthy boundaries to enhance self-care
- Build empowering relationships with significant individuals and others
- Manage anxiety and stress during exam times
- Prepare mentally, emotionally and socially for academic transitions
- Maintain behavioural change through on-going evaluation
What we doFor the most part, we believe that ‘the game’ is 90% mental and 10% physical. In our opinion, this relates to almost every sport, though clearly, we recognise that there has to be an innate skill or aptitude. Time and time again, it has been proven that mental and emotional resilience training is the added edge that helps sportsmen and women go that extra mile when faced with what seems to be the impossible. We do so much more than train for resiliency. Some of the most disappointing and frustrating times for an athlete or sportsperson is brought about through injury. Anxiety, stress and depression feed off circumstances when self-identity and purpose are linked to performance. Our resilience training nurtures and maintains a healthy mindset to enhance recovery.
How we do itBy creating space between our thoughts, emotions and a given situation, we can make wise, and well-informed choices. Based on Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, our resilience training cultivates self-regulation and the ability to bounce back during challenging situations. Rather than be driven by emotional impulses, behaviour is influenced by mental agility and an acute awareness of oneself.
How you benefitThere is no greater feeling than to witness transformation in our clients. Our sports resilience training programmes have provided dramatic results, supporting and empowering athletes and sportspeople to:
- Optimise physical and mental endurance
- Banish self-doubt, self-criticism and uncertainty
- Overcome nerves and combat fatigue
- Increase the ability to act quickly under duress
- Transform limiting beliefs and behaviours
- Cultivate resilience during injury and recovery
Continuous Tailor-Made Programmes
- Delivered on-site or remotely anywhere in the world via our dedicated learning platform (accessible at your convenience)
- A suite of custom-designed activities, quizzes, games and role-play exercises that can be completed individually, in pairs or groups
- Fun and dynamic physical resiliency exercises to consolidate learning
- Exclusive access to relevant content for Wellness for Life clients
- Resiliency resources and practical reminders that can be drawn upon during challenging times